HIV Prevention Justice Alliance
- Webinar: For Our Brother Michael (August 5, 2016)
- Join HIV PJA and the SERO Project for the Three-Part HIV Is Not a Crime Webinar Series (August 3, 2016)
- July 11 Webinar: The Stigma of HIV Prevention (June 23, 2016)
- Watch the Webinar -- Policing HIV, Gender and Sexuality: Recent Data on Criminal Enforcement and Conditions of Confinement (Video) (June 23, 2016)
- Watch and Take Action to Urge CDC HIV Prevention Funding for the U.S. South! (May 10, 2016)
- There Should Be Blood: The MSM Blood Donor Ban (March 2, 2016)
- Organizational Sign-On: Demand the Entertainment Industry Do More in Supporting and Protecting Its Workers Living With HIV (January 13, 2016)
- 12/7-8 Join the Counter Conference at the National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta (December 4, 2015)
- Stop the TPP from Putting HIV Treatment Out of Reach! (October 20, 2015)
- 25 Years Later, We Still Need to Fight for Ryan White! (August 18, 2015)
- What Do Young Gay Black Men Need? A Sound Off From "CorneliusOnpoint" (October 28, 2014)
- Rethink Possible! (October 27, 2014)
- Condomless Hookups and the Political, Emotional Resistance of Black Gay Men (October 15, 2014)
- Why Are We Still Having Silent Sex? (October 14, 2014)
- Rebuilding Community as HIV Prevention (October 10, 2014)
- Why We Must Not Ignore the Lives of Older Black Gay Men (October 9, 2014)
- HIV Criminalization: Another Way to Lock Up Young Black Men (October 8, 2014)
- Notes on the "We Are Here" Blog Tour (October 7, 2014)
- Advocacy Groups Report to UN on U.S. Failures to Address the HIV Epidemic in Communities of Color (August 6, 2014)
- Blueprints for Our Collective Protection: Charles Stephens on Black Gay Men, Sexual Health, HIV Prevention and Justice (April 23, 2014)
- Friday: Global Day of Action in Support of Nigeria's LGBT Community (March 3, 2014)
- By Jan. 15: Open Letter to U.S. CDC: Reduce YOUR Risk of Misleading Language, Methods, Recommendations on Gay/Bi/MSM Sex, Gender Identity, HIV Prevention (January 9, 2014)
- Risky Women: Disrupting Simple Notions of Women's HIV Risk (December 2, 2013)
- Oct. 28: Webinar on "PrEP-ception" -- Reducing HIV Risk While Achieving Pregnancy (October 9, 2013)
- Act for Aging and Living With Justice for People With HIV and LGBTQ People (September 17, 2013)
- Action Plan: Week of September 9 (September 9, 2013)
Caring Across HIV: Aging/Living/Justice.
- Speak Up for Sept: How Has Home Care Affected Your Life, Family, Community? (August 1, 2013)
- Register Today for July 25 Webinar: African Americans and Hep C (July 17, 2013)
In observance of the inaugural African American Hepatitis C Action Day.
- Endorse the REPEAL Act! Together We Can End HIV Criminalization (May 2, 2013)
- Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists and Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes (April 29, 2013)
- Behind the Miracle Cure a Broken System Lurks (March 5, 2013)
- HIV Is Not a Crime: Sign On to the Positive Justice Project's Consensus Statement by Feb. 6 (February 1, 2013)
- Join the Campaign Briefing for the Robin Hood Tax to End AIDS (January 30, 2013)
- HIV Doesn't Discriminate by Age, Should UNAIDS? Sign This Letter (January 23, 2013)
- Do a Naked Action Too ... From the Comfort of Your Own Home! (November 28, 2012)
- The Stigma of Sandy: Sound Familiar? (November 5, 2012)
- Post-Hurricane Sandy NYC: How You Can Help, and Info to Share (November 1, 2012)
Hurricane Sandy devastated areas of NYC that are hard-hit by HIV, including Lower Manhattan. Here is information on how to help, and how people can get help who are in the City.
- Tell Congress That Raising Revenue Isn't Scary; It's Lifesaving! (October 31, 2012)
Tell Congress to stop frightful cuts to HIV programs and other essential safety net services.
- Movie Event: Celebrate Our History and Build Our Movement (September 17, 2012)
- Young Gay and Bi Men's Lives Matter: A Call to Action (August 9, 2012)
- Counter Corbett's Cuts! (August 3, 2012)
- We Can End AIDS: July 24, 2012 -- Washington, D.C. (June 21, 2012)
Mobilization for economic justice and human rights.
- It's the Best Kept Secret We Need to Share: There's a Totally Free and Public International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C. This Summer (June 7, 2012)
- Rethinking the "MSM" Category: Webinar on June 13 (June 4, 2012)
- HIV, Aging, Care With Dignity: Webinar on Justice for In-Home Care & Support (May 15, 2012)
Wednesday, May 30; 12:30 - 2:00 pm Eastern.
- Webinar, May 10: Stories From the Ground -- Innovations, Collaborations and Victories in Defending the Rights of Sex Workers (April 30, 2012)
- April 30: Help Write AIDS 2012 Plenary Speech on HIV in the United States (April 24, 2012)
- Say NO to Novartis! (March 19, 2012)
- Under Attack: Your Health Care Rights (February 29, 2012)
- Republican Leaders Have Blood on Their Hands: Sign Petition to Remove Ban on Federal Needle-Exchange Funds (February 7, 2012)
- Urgent: Please Make Calls About Syringe Exchange Now!! (December 12, 2011)
Congress could make decisions about syringe exchange funding as soon as today!
- Nov. 16 Webinar: 2012 -- Revolution or Ruin? (November 14, 2011)
- Congress Must Protect Medicare, Medicaid, Ryan White and Critical Health Services (November 11, 2011)
- Sign On: Treatment Prevents Transmission -- Obama, Stand Up for Treatment Expansion Worldwide (October 7, 2011)
- Building a Bridge to 2014 for People Living With HIV: Update and Advocacy Strategy (September 26, 2011)
- Sept. 21: What the FOA Is Going On?!?! A Timely Discussion on CDC's Controversial Funding Opportunity Announcement for HIV Prevention Programs in Health Depts (September 15, 2011)
- You Are Invited! The Inaugural HIV Prevention Justice Leadership Assembly! (August 24, 2011)
- Breaking: HIV PJA Calls for Transgender Justice at Prevention Conference (August 14, 2011)
- One Year of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: How Are We Doing? (July 27, 2011)
- Keep the Momentum of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2011)
- The 10th Anniversary of the Trans Health Conference (June 23, 2011)
- New Technical Guidance for HIV Prevention Among MSM Around the Globe (May 31, 2011)
- June 15: HIV PJA Webinar -- Glass Half Full: Resilience Among Gay Men as an Emerging HIV Prevention Justice Strategy (May 31, 2011)
- June 6: Live! AIDS 2012 Community Reps Take Your Qs, Suggestions! (May 20, 2011)
- JOIN US! Wednesday, May 18 at 3:30 p.m. ET for an HIV PJA Strategy Webinar (May 11, 2011)
- HIV PJA Strategy Webinar Recap: FEM-PrEP Trial Closure, U.S. Pricing & Access Issues After iPrEx, & UN Update (April 21, 2011)
- What Don't We Know About LGBT Health? The National Institutes of Health Is Asking (April 5, 2011)
- Health Care Reform, HIV Prevention Initiatives, and HIV Criminalization (March 23, 2011)
Materials now available from the 3/16 HIV Prevention Justive Alliance strategy webinar "Implementation Fever -- Making Health Reform & NHAS Tools for Prevention Justice."
- 3/16: Implementation Fever: Making Health Reform and the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Tools of HIV Prevention Justice (March 15, 2011)
- Sign on, Sign Up, Speak Out: Save Prevention Access (March 8, 2011)
- Q and A: Moving PrEP From Promising Trial Result to Practical, Public Health Prevention Intervention? (March 2, 2011)
- Is PrEP Prevention Justice? (March 1, 2011)
HIV PJA strategy webinar summary.
- Organizations: Call on US to Heed UN Words on Sex Worker Rights (February 28, 2011)
- Congress: Ask for $$$ Estimate on the Nat'l AIDS Strategy! (February 25, 2011)
- Feb. 16: Is PrEP Prevention Justice? Join HIV PJA for Webinar on New Prevention Technology (January 27, 2011)
- Eliminate the Leadership Deficit on HIV/AIDS (January 27, 2011)
President Obama and GOP House majority talk of austerity spells bad news for the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Feb. 10: HIV, Health Care Reform, Prevention: How to Make It All Work! (January 25, 2011)
- Guide for HIV Treatment Access for Those Without ... (January 19, 2011)
- Free Prevention Justice Film for World AIDS Day Screenings (October 29, 2010)
- Sept. 22: Join CHAMP and the HIV Prevention Justice Alliance for RED HOT Webinar Discussion and Strategy on HIV Prevention (September 20, 2010)
- July 29: LiveBlog the Fed Meeting on "Strategic Realignment of Funding" in Sex Health/STDs in Racial/Ethnic Minorities (July 26, 2010)
- Human Rights as a Conscious Achievement: Prevention Justician Waheedah Shabazz-El Closes Out AIDS 2010 (July 23, 2010)
- Finish Health Care Reform! Finish the Job! Take Action Today for Health Care Reform (February 3, 2010)
Latest by HIV Prevention Justice Alliance
Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists and Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes
Health navigation is a hot topic in HIV care as we seek to increase the number of clients who are linked to and retained in care.
This national webinar will offer best practices, lessons learned, and the challenges and opportunities in HIV care navi...
"Our excitement and thrill over the breakthrough made by this accident of injustice should be matched by an equal sense of shame that we continue to allow our fellow human beings to slip through the cracks of a broken health care system," writes Jim ...
This year marked the 10th Anniversary of the Trans Health Conference. The conference, held earlier this month in Philadelphia, featured transgender pioneers Earline Budd and Jamison Green as the opening plenary keynote speakers. An estimated 2,000 pe...
HIV PJA Strategy Webinar Recap: FEM-PrEP Trial Closure, U.S. Pricing & Access Issues After iPrEx, & UN Update
HIV PJA convened a full slate of policy and research experts for our April 20th strategy call to explore current issues relating to PrEP research and rollout in the United States. You can also view the presentation slides here. If you'd prefer to dow...
The National Institutes of Health recently commissioned a study by the Institutes of Medicine on the state of knowledge about the health needs of LGBT people in the United States. In its report, entitled The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Tran...
3/16: Implementation Fever: Making Health Reform and the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Tools of HIV Prevention Justice
Join us Wednesday March 16 for an HIV PJA Strategy Webinar:
Implementation Fever: Making Health Reform & the NHAS Tools of HIV Prevention Justice
Wednesday March 16, 2011 @ 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT/1:30 p.m. MT/12:30 p.m. PT
Click here to registe...
This article was provided by the HIV Prevention Justice Alliance. Note: This piece was cross-posted at Dose of Change.
Q and A: Moving PrEP From Promising Trial Result to Practical, Public Health Prevention Intervention?
As noted in these pages and press reports worldwide, the iPrex trial found that daily use of truvada protected gay men, other MSM and trangender women from HIV infection.
Updated data presented at this week's Conference on Retroviruses and Opportuni...
Since the results of the iPrEx clinical trials were released last November, it seems like pre-exposure prophaylaxis (PrEP) has been on everyone's mind. The HIV Prevention Justice Alliance recently hosted a PrEP-centric webinar conversation between HI...
In November 2010, the human rights record of the United States was reviewed in Geneva by the United Nations Human Rights Council. This means the human rights record of the U.S. was given official scrutiny of the international community.
Among many r...