Aging and HIV: Emerging Issues in Research, Treatment and Care
- Bourne, C. and V. Minichiello. Sexual behavior and diagnosis of people over the age of 50 attending a sexual health clinic. Australian Journal on Ageing 28(1):32-36. March 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Estimates of new HIV infections in the United States. August 2008.
- Ettenhofer, M. and others. Aging, neurocognition and medication adherence in HIV infection. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 17(4):281-90. April 2009.
- Kautz, T. and others. AIDS and declining support for dependent elderly people in Africa: retrospective analysis using demographic and health surveys. British Medical Journal 340:c2841. June 16, 2010.
- Kirk, J. and M. Goetz. Human immunodeficiency virus in an aging population, a complication of success. Journal of the American Geriatric Society 57(11):2129-39. November 2009.
- Letendre, S. and others. Validation of the CNS Penetration-Effectiveness rank for quantifying antiretroviral penetration into the central nervous system. Annals of Neurology 65(1):65-70. January 2008.
- Letendre, S. and others. Enhancing antiretroviral therapy for human immunodeficiency virus cognitive disorders. Annals of Neurology 56(3):416-23. September 2004.
- Lindau, S. and P. Schumm. A study of sexuality and health among older adults in the United States. New England Journal of Medicine 357(8):762-74. August 23, 2007.
- Martínez, E. and others. Incidence and causes of death in HIV-infected persons receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy compared with estimates for the general population of similar age and from the same geographical area. HIV Medicine 8(4):251-58. May 2007.
- Nguyen, N. and M. Holodniy. HIV infection in the elderly. Clinical Interventions in Aging 3(3):453-472. October 2008.
- O'Brien, S. and others. Cytokines: abnormalities in major depression and implications for pharmacological treatment. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 31(5):1044-53. June 30, 2007.
- Palella, F. Jr. and others. Mortality in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era: changing causes of death and disease in the HIV Outpatient Study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 43(1):27-34. September 2006.
- Sackoff, J. and others. Causes of death among persons with AIDS in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: New York City. Annals of Internal Medicine 145(6):397-406. September 2006.
- Smit, C. and others. Effective therapy has altered the spectrum of cause-specific mortality following HIV seroconversion. AIDS 20(5):741-49. March 21, 2006.
- Strategies for Management of Antiretroviral Therapy (SMART) Study Group. CD4+ count-guided interruption of antiretroviral treatment. New England Journal of Medicine 355(22):2283-96. November 30, 2006.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy