TheBodyPRO.com's mission is to:
- Use the Internet to lower barriers between health care professionals and their patients or clients living with HIV.
- Educate and update health care professionals on issues of HIV/AIDS epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, policy, prevention, treatment and patient care.
- Enhance the ability of health care professionals to provide complete and effective clinical, economic, psychological and social assistance to their patients or clients living with HIV, and to improve their patients'/clients' quality of life.
TheBodyPRO.com and its sister site for the general population, TheBody.com
, are part of Remedy Health Media.
- Executive Editor and General Manager: Myles Helfand
- Director of Partnerships: JD Davids
- Senior Editor: Kenyon Farrow
- Associate Editor and Senior Web Producer: Ken Stockwell
- Contributing Editors: Heather Boerner, Olivia Ford, Tim Murphy and Charles Sanchez
- Copy Editors: Anne Heindel and Trevor Kearney
Board of Advisers
The sole purpose of the Board of Advisers is to attract the very best materials possible. It is not a fiduciary board, and its members serve in their individual capacities. Their organizational affiliations appear for reference only.
- Victoria A. Cargill, M.D., M.S.C.E., Washington, D.C., director of Clinical Studies and Minority Research, National Institutes of Health Office of AIDS Research
- Thomas Coates, M.D., Los Angeles, professor of medicine, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Jennifer Cocohoba, Pharm.D., San Francisco, assistant clinical professor, UCSF School of Pharmacy
- Cal Cohen, M.D., M.S., Boston, research director, Community Research Initiative of New England; clinical instructor, Harvard Medical School; clinical practice at Harvard Vanguard Associates
- Jay Dobkin, M.D., New York, director, AIDS Service, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Donna Futterman, M.D., New York, director, Montefiore Medical Center Adolescent AIDS Program
- Joel Gallant, M.D., Baltimore, associate professor of medicine and epidemiology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Julio Sergio Gonzalez Montaner, M.D., Vancouver, B.C., director, AIDS Research Program, St. Paul's Hospital, University of British Columbia
- Howard A. Grossman, M.D., New York, former executive director, American Academy of HIV Medicine; clinical trainer in resource-limited countries
- Thomas Hooton, M.D., Seattle, director, University of Washington, Harbor View, Madison Clinic
- Martha Kirkpatrick, M.D., Los Angeles, past vice president, American Psychiatric Association
- Robert J. Levine, M.D., New Haven, Conn., co-chair, Executive Committee, Interdisciplinary Bioethics Project, Yale University
- Vincent Lynch, Ph.D., Boston, director of continuing education, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work; chair, Annual National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS
- J. Allen McCutchan, M.D., San Diego, principal investigator, California Collaborative Treatment Group; co-investigator, AIDS Clinical Trials, UCSD School of Medicine
- Kenneth H. Mayer, M.D., Providence, R.I., director, Brown University AIDS Program
- Robert L. Murphy, M.D., Chicago, medical director, Clinical Treatment Unit, Northwestern University Medical School
- Patrice K. Nicholas, R.N., D.N.Sc., Boston, chairperson, Advanced Practice, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Richard Novak, M.D., Chicago, director, Infectious Diseases Clinic, University of Illinois
- Andrew Pavia, M.D., Salt Lake City, chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Cynthia C. Poindexter, M.S.W., Ph.D., Tarrytown, NY, associate professor, Graduate School of Social Services, Fordham University, Marymount
- William Powderly, M.D., Dublin, Ireland, professor of medicine and therapeutics, University College, Mater University Hospital
- Michael Relf, Ph.D., Washington, D.C., assistant professor and chair, Department of Professional Nursing, Georgetown University
- Douglas Richman, M.D., La Jolla, Calif., professor of medicine and pathology, University of California, San Diego
- Eric Sawyer, New York, AIDS activist
- Betty Turock, New Brunswick, N.J., past president, American Library Association
- Abraham Verghese, M.D., San Antonio, director, Center for Medical Humanities and Ethics, University of Texas
- Charles Von Gunten, M.D., Chicago, director of hospice care, Northwest Memorial Hospital
To Contact Us
TheBodyPRO.com's mailing address is:
750 3rd Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10017
The best way to send us a message is by sending us an email
. We can also be reached by phone at 212-541-8500, but please keep in mind that we are not an HIV/AIDS service organization and cannot provide counseling, support, case management or professional advice of any kind.