Factors linked to falling in HIV-positive women -- CATIE News
Nerve pain and numbness from A Practical Guide to HIV Drug Side Effects
Unravelling the complexity of HIV and fatigue -- CATIE News
"America's other drug problem: Giving the elderly too many prescriptions" -- Washington Post
Emerging issues in older HIV-positive people -- TreatmentUpdate 214
Older people with HIV face different long-term health challenges -- CATIE News
Denmark -- unexpected trends in use of psychotropic medicines -- TreatmentUpdate 204
Impressive gains in survival for older people with HIV but still less than general population -- CATIE News
Danish study raises questions about accelerated aging in HIV -- CATIE News
Quantification of biological aging in young adults -- Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA
Management of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection in Advanced Age -- Journal of the American Medical Association
Long-term HIV infection and health-related quality of life -- CATIE News
Dutch doctors explore intersection of aging and HIV -- CATIE News
Geriatric syndromes found to be common among some people with HIV -- CATIE News
HIV and Aging: State of Knowledge and Areas of Critical Need for Research. A Report to the NIH Office of AIDS Research by the HIV and Aging Working Group
The CIHR Comorbidity Agenda -- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
CIHR's HIV Comorbidity Research Agenda: Relevant Research Areas
HIV and aging -- Healthy living tips for people 50 and over living with HIV
Mental Health from HIV in Canada: A primer for service providers
HIV and brain-related issues -- TreatmentUpdate 204
Longer life expectancy for HIV-positive people in North America -- TreatmentUpdate 200
Factsheets on HIV and aging in Canada -- Canadian AIDS Society
HIV & Aging: A 2013 Environmental Scan of Programs and Services in Canada -- Community Report -- realize (formerly the Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation -- CWGHR)
Directory of Promising Programs and Services for Older People Living with HIV in Canada -- realize
Evidence-informed recommendations for rehabilitation with older adults living with HIV: a knowledge synthesis -- BMJ Open
- Tassiopoulos K, Abdo M, Wu K, et al. Frailty is strongly associated with increased risk of recurrent falls among older HIV-infected adults: a prospective cohort study. AIDS. 2017; in press.
- Amato AA, Barohn RJ. Chapter 459. Peripheral neuropathy. In: Longo DL, Fauci AS, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Jameson J, Loscalzo J. eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19e. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2015.
- Lichtenstein KA, Armon C, Baron A, et al. Modification of the incidence of drug-associated symmetrical peripheral neuropathy by host and disease factors in the HIV outpatient study cohort. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2005 Jan 1;40(1):148-57.
- Malvar J, Vaida F, Sanders CF, et al. Predictors of new-onset distal neuropathic pain in HIV-infected individuals in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy. Pain. 2015 Apr;156(4):731-9.
- Ellis RJ, Rosario D, Clifford DB, et al. Continued high prevalence and adverse clinical impact of human immunodeficiency virus-associated sensory neuropathy in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy: the CHARTER Study. Archives of Neurology. 2010 May;67(5):552-8.
- Hitchcock SA, Meyer HP, Gwyther E. Neuropathic pain in AIDS patients prior to antiretroviral therapy. South African Medical Journal. 2008 Nov;98(11):889-92.
- Yuan SB, Shi Y, Chen J, et al. Gp120 in the pathogenesis of human immunodeficiency virus-associated pain. Annals of Neurology. 2014 Jun;75(6):837-50.
- Dorsey JL, Mangus LM, Hauer P, et al. Persistent peripheral nervous system disease in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques receiving antiretroviral therapy. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 2015 Nov;74(11):1053-60.
- Worobey M, Watts TD, McKay RA, et al. 1970s and 'Patient 0' HIV-1 genomes illuminate early HIV/AIDS history in North America. Nature. 2016 Nov 3;539(7627):98-101.
- Faria NR, Rambaut A, Suchard MA, et al. HIV epidemiology. The early spread and epidemic ignition of HIV-1 in human populations. Science. 2014 Oct 3;346(6205):56-61.
- Lorenzo-Redondo R, Fryer HR, Bedford T, et al. Persistent HIV-1 replication maintains the tissue reservoir during therapy. Nature. 2016 Feb 4;530(7588):51-56.
- Folkvord JM, Armon C, Connick E. Lymphoid follicles are sites of heightened human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) replication and reduced antiretroviral effector mechanisms. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 2005 May;21(5):363-70.
- Kline C, Ndjomou J, Franks T, et al. Persistence of viral reservoirs in multiple tissues after antiretroviral therapy suppression in a macaque RT-SHIV model. PLoS One. 2013 Dec 18;8(12):e84275.
- Fletcher CV, Staskus K, Wietgrefe SW, et al. Persistent HIV-1 replication is associated with lower antiretroviral drug concentrations in lymphatic tissues. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 2014 Feb 11;111(6):2307-12.
- Khoury G, Fromentin R, Solomon A, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus persistence and T-cell activation in blood, rectal, and lymph node tissue in human immunodeficiency virus-infected individuals receiving suppressive antiretroviral therapy. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2017 Mar 15;215(6):911-919.
- Hong JJ, Silveira ELDV, Amancha PK, et al. Early initiation of antiretroviral treatment post SIV infection does not resolve lymphoid tissue activation. AIDS. 2017 Aug 24;31(13):1819-1824.
[Note from TheBodyPRO.com: This article was originally published by PWN-USA on Sept. 12, 2017. We have cross-posted it with their permission.]