Hepatitis C Treatment and, Some Health Issues in Women With HIV in British Columbia
Improved access to hepatitis C treatment coming to B.C. and Ontario -- CATIE News
CATIE's hepatitis C information
B.C. study finds women need help sticking to treatment -- CATIE News
High rates of injury found among some HIV-positive people in B.C. -- CATIE News
ART and Survival
Impressive gains in survival for older people with HIV but still less than general population -- CATIE News
What reduces survival 10 years after starting ART in North America and Europe? -- TreatmentUpdate 217
Challenges in achieving a longer life -- TreatmentUpdate 214
Longer life expectancy for HIV-positive people in North America -- TreatmentUpdate 200
Exploring factors linked to longer survival among ART users -- TreatmentUpdate 200
Long-term HIV infection and health-related quality of life -- CATIE News
Swiss researchers investigate drug use and its impact on health and survival -- CATIE News
Substance Use and Mental Health
Canadian Mental Health Association
HIV and Emotional Wellness -- CATIE's guide to how people with HIV can cultivate their emotional well-being
Profile: Back from the Brink -- The Positive Side (Fall 2016)
Ask the Experts: Addictions -- The Positive Side (Fall 2016)
Study finds sustained-release dexamfetamine is promising for reducing cocaine use -- CATIE News
Mental health, substance use and HIV -- TreatmentUpdate 219
Schizophrenia and HIV -- Study underscores serious issues associated with dual diagnoses -- CATIE News
Pre-fix: A guide for people with Hep C or HIV who inject drugs
Prevention & Harm Reduction from Hepatitis C: An In-Depth Guide
Best Practice Recommendations for Canadian Harm Reduction Programs
- Hogg RS, Eyawo O, Collins AB, et al. Health-adjusted life expectancy in HIV-positive and HIV-negative men and women in British Columbia, Canada: a population-based observational cohort study. Lancet HIV. 2017; in press.
- Lesko CR, Moore RD, Tong W, et al. Association of injection drug use with incidence of HIV-associated non-AIDS-related morbidity by age, 1995-2014. AIDS. 2016 Jun 1;30(9):1447-55.
- Krentz HB, Kliewer G, Gill MJ. Changing mortality rates and causes of death for HIV-infected individuals living in Southern Alberta, Canada from 1984 to 2003. HIV Medicine. 2005 Mar;6(2):99-106.
- Samji H, Zhang W, Eyawo O, et al. Rates and predictors of injury in a population-based cohort of people living with HIV: trends and disparities from 1996 to 2013. AIDS. 2017 Jan 14;31(2):295-304.
- Sabin CA. Do people with HIV infection have a normal life expectancy in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy? BMC Medicine. 2013 Nov 27; 11:251.
- Maziade M. At risk for serious mental illness -- Screening children of patients with mood disorders or schizophrenia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2017 Mar 9;376(10):910-912.
- Herdener M, Dürsteler KM, Seifritz E, et al. Changes in substance use in patients receiving opioid substitution therapy and resulting clinical challenges: a 17-year treatment case register analysis. Lancet Psychiatry. 2017 Feb 28. pii: S2215-0366(17)30080-9.
- Agrawal A, Tillman R, Grucza RA, et al. Reciprocal relationships between substance use and disorders and suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in the Collaborative Study of the Genetics of Alcoholism. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2017 Feb 3; 213:96-104.
- Sherman AC, Sherman KE. Extrahepatic manifestations of hepatitis C infection: navigating CHASM. Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2015 Sep;12(3):353-61.