Detectable Viral Loads Linked to Smoking and Mental Health Issues
Smoking, Addiction and Breaking Free
- Cropsey KL, Willig JH, Mugavero MJ, et al. Cigarette smokers are less likely to have undetectable viral loads: Results from four HIV clinics. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2016 Jan-Feb;10(1):13-9.
- Petoumenos K, Law MG. Smoking, alcohol and illicit drug use effects on survival in HIV-positive persons. Current Opinion in HIV/AIDS. 2016 Sep;11(5):514-520.
- Sharma R, Gartner CE, Hall WD. The challenge of reducing smoking in people with serious mental illness. Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 2016 Oct;4(10):835-844.
- Stanton CA, Keith DR, Gaalema DE, et al. Trends in tobacco use among U.S. adults with chronic health conditions: National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2005-2013. Preventive Medicine. 2016 Nov;92:160-168.
- Regan S, Meigs JB, Grinspoon SK, et al. Determinants of smoking and quitting in HIV-infected individuals. PLoS One. 2016 Apr 21;11(4):e0153103.
- Hile SJ, Feldman MB, Alexy ER, et al. Recent tobacco smoking is associated with poor HIV medical outcomes among HIV-infected individuals in New York. AIDS and Behavior. 2016 Aug;20(8):1722-9.
- Akhtar-Khaleel WZ, Cook RL, Shoptaw S, et al. Trends and predictors of cigarette smoking among HIV seropositive and seronegative men: The Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. AIDS and Behavior. 2016 Mar;20(3):622-32.
- Korhonen T, Ranjit A, Tuulio-Henriksson A, et al. Smoking status as a predictor of antidepressant medication use. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2017 Jan 1;207:221-227.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Hodgins DC, Wild TC. Co-occurring substance-related and behavioral addiction problems: A person-centered, lay epidemiology approach. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2016 Dec;5(4):614-622.
- Icick R, Gard S, Barde M, et al. Physical and mental health burden in cases of bipolar disorder classified as current, former, or non-tobacco smokers. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2016 Sep 23;208:406-413.
- O'Cleirigh C, Valentine SE, Pinkston M, et al. The unique challenges facing HIV-positive patients who smoke cigarettes: HIV viremia, ART adherence, engagement in HIV care, and concurrent substance use. AIDS and Behavior. 2015 Jan;19(1):178-85.
- Degroote S, Vogelaers D, Vermeir P, et al. Determinants of adherence in a cohort of Belgian HIV patients: a pilot study. Acta Clinica Belgica. 2014 Apr;69(2):111-5.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy