CATIE statement on the use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent the sexual transmission of HIV
Oral pre-exposure prophylaxis: putting a new choice in context -- UNAIDS
Preexposure prophylaxis for the prevention of HIV infection in the United States -- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Guideline on when to start ART and on pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV -- World Health organization (WHO)
Avis intérimaire sur la prophylaxie préexposition au virus de l'immunodéficience humaine, Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec (French only)
Guidance for the use of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for the prevention of HIV acquisition in British Columbia -- BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
European AIDS Clinical Society Guidelines
- Spinner CD, Boesecke C, Zink A, et al. HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): a review of current knowledge of oral systemic HIV PrEP in humans. Infection. 2016 Apr;44(2):151-8.
- Wilton J, Senn H, Sharma M, et al. Pre-exposure prophylaxis for sexually-acquired HIV risk management: A review. HIV/AIDS. 2015 Apr 28;7:125-36.
- Baeten JM, Donnell D, Ndase P, et al. Antiretroviral prophylaxis for HIV prevention in heterosexual men and women. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012 Aug 2;367(5):399-410.
- Choopanya K, Martin M, Suntharasamai P, et al. Antiretroviral prophylaxis for HIV infection in injecting drug users in Bangkok, Thailand (the Bangkok Tenofovir Study): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial. The Lancet. 2013 Jun;381(9883):2083-90.
- Grant RM, Lama JR, Anderson PL, et al. Preexposure Chemoprophylaxis for HIV Prevention in Men Who Have Sex with Men. New England Journal of Medicine. 2010 Dec 30;363(27):2587-99.
- Marrazzo JM, Ramjee G, Richardson BA, et al. Tenofovir-Based Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Infection among African Women. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Feb 5;372(6):509-18.
- McCormack S, Dunn DT, Desai M, et al. Pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent the acquisition of HIV-1 infection (PROUD): effectiveness results from the pilot phase of a pragmatic open-label randomised trial. The Lancet. 2016 Jan 2;387(10013):53-60.
- Thigpen MC, Kebaabetswe PM, Paxton LA, et al. Antiretroviral preexposure prophylaxis for heterosexual HIV transmission in Botswana. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012 Aug 2;367(5):423-34.
- Van Damme L, Corneli A, Ahmed K, et al. Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV infection among African women. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012 Aug 2;367(5):411-22.
- Martin M, Vanichseni S, Suntharasamai P, et al. The impact of adherence to preexposure prophylaxis on the risk of HIV infection among people who inject drugs. AIDS. 2015 Apr 24;29(7):819-24.
- Anderson PL, Glidden DV, Liu A, et al. Emtricitabine-tenofovir exposure and pre-exposure prophylaxis efficacy in men who have sex with me. Science Translational Medicine. 2012 Sep 12;4(151):151ra125.
- Grant RM, Anderson PL, McMahan V, et al. Uptake of pre-exposure prophylaxis, sexual practices, and HIV incidence in men and transgender women who have sex with men: A cohort study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2014 Sept;14(9):820-29.
- Volk J, Marcus JL, Phengrasamy T, et al. No new HIV infections with increasing use of HIV preexposure prophylaxis in a clinical practice setting. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2015 Nov 15;61(10):1601-3.
- Liu A, Cohen S, Vittinghoff E, et al. Adherence, sexual behavior and HIV/STI incidence among men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women (TGW) in the US PrEP demonstration (Demo) project. Eighth International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Vancouver, 2015. Abstract TUAC0202.
- Thomson KA, Baeten JM, Mugo NR, et al. Tenfovir-based oral preexposure prophylaxis prevents HIV infection among women. Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS. 2016 Jan;11(1):18-26.
- Molina JM, Capitant C, Spire B, et al. On-Demand Preexposure Prophylaxis in Men at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Dec 3;373(23):2237-46.
- Cottrell ML, Srinivas N, Kashuba AD. Pharmacokinetics of antiretrovirals in mucosal tissue. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology. 2015; 11: 893-905.
- Cottrell MI, Yang KH, Prince H, et al. Predicting effective Truvada PrEP dosing strategies with a novel PK-PD model incorporating tissue active metabolites and endogenous nucleotides. HIV research for prevention (R4P); Cape Town, South Africa, 2014.
- Cottrell ML, Yang KH, Prince H, et al. A translational pharmacology approach to predicting HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis outcomes in men and women using tenofovir disproxil fumarate + emtricitabine. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2016; in press.
- Landovitz RJ. PrEP for HIV Prevention: what we know and what we still need to know for implementation. Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; Seattle, WA. 2015.
- Anderson PL, Kiser JJ, Gardner EM, et al. Pharmacological considerations for tenofovir and emtricitabine to prevent HIV infection. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2011;66(2):240-50.
- Anderson PL. Pharmacology considerations for HIV prevention. 13th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV, 2012; Barcelona, Spain.
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy