Depression Risk Factors With HIV -- Plus Screening and Diagnosis Keys
- Angelino AF, Treisman GJ. Management of psychiatric disorders in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;33:847-856.
- Perry S, Jacobsberg LD, Fishman B, Frances A, Bobo J, Jacobsberg BK. Psychiatric diagnosis before serological testing for the human immunodeficiency virus. Am J Psychiatry. 1990;147:89-93.
- EACS European AIDS Clinical Society. Guidelines. Version 8.0. October 2015.
- Anagnostopoulos A, Ledergerber B, Jaccard R, et al. Frequency of and risk factors for depression among participants in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study (SHCS). PLoS One. 2015;10:e0140943.
- Rodkjaer L, Laursen T, Balle N, Sodemann M. Depression in patients with HIV is under-diagnosed: a cross-sectional study in Denmark. HIV Med. 2010;11:46-53.
- Shacham E, Nurutdinova D, Satyanarayana V, Stamm K, Overton ET. Routine screening for depression: identifying a challenge for successful HIV care. AIDS Patient Care STD. 2009;23:949-955.
- Gutierrez F, García L, Padilla S, et al. Risk of clinically significant depression in HIV-infected patients: effect of antiretroviral drugs. HIV Med. 2014;15:213-223.
- Bhatia R, Hartman C, Kallen MA, Graham J, Giordano TP. Persons newly diagnosed with HIV infection are at high risk for depression and poor linkage to care: results from the Steps Study. AIDS Behav. 2011;15:1161-1170.
- Carrico AW, Johnson MO, Morin SF, et al. Correlates of suicidal ideation among HIV-positive persons. AIDS. 2007;21:1199-1203.
- Grov C, Golub SA, Parsons JT, Brennan M, Karpiak SE. Loneliness and HIV-related stigma explain depression among older HIV-positive adults. AIDS Care. 2010;22:630-639.
- Justice AC, McGinnis KA, Atkinson JH, et al. Psychiatric and neurocognitive disorders among HIV-positive and negative veterans in care: Veterans Aging Cohort Five-Site Study. AIDS. 2004;18(Suppl 1):S49-S59.
- Marando F, Gualberti G, Costanzo AM, et al. Discrepancies between physician's perception of depression in HIV patients and self-reported CES-D-20 assessment: the DHIVA study. AIDS Care. 2016;28:147-159.
- Slot M, Sodemann M, Gabel C, Holmskov J, Laursen T, Rodkjaer L. Factors associated with risk of depression and relevant predictors of screening for depression in clinical practice: a cross-sectional study among HIV-infected individuals in Denmark. HIV Med. 2015;16:393-402.
- Tanney MR, Naar-King S, MacDonnel K; Adolescent Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions 004 Protocol Team. Depression and stigma in high-risk youth living with HIV: a multi-site study. J Pediatr Health Care. 2012;26:300-305.
- Asch SM, Kilbourne AM, Gifford AL, et al. Underdiagnosis of depression in HIV: who are we missing? J Gen Intern Med. 2003; 18:450-460.
- Weaver MR, Conover CJ, Proescholdbell RJ, Arno PS, Ang A, Ettner SL; Cost Subcommittee of the HIV/AIDS Treatment Adherence, Health Outcomes, and Cost Study Group. Utilization of mental health and substance abuse care for people living with HIV/AIDS, chronic mental illness, and substance abuse disorders. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2008;47:449-458.
- Pence BW, O'Donnell JK, Gaynes BN. Falling through the cracks: the gaps between depression prevalence, diagnosis, treatment, and response in HIV care. AIDS. 2012;26:656-658.
- Aberg JA, Gallant JE, Ghanem KG, Emmanuel P, Zingman BS, Horben MA. Primary care guidelines for the management of persons infected with HIV: 2013 Update by the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2014;58:e1-e34.
- Choi SK, Boyle E, Burchell AN, et al. Validation of six short and ultra-short screening instruments for depression for people living with HIV in Ontario: results from the Ontario HIV Treatment Network Cohort Study. PLoS One. 2015;10:e0142706.
- The MacArthur Foundation Initiative on Depression & Primary Care. Depression management tool kit. 2009.
- Treisman G. HIV, depression and aging. 5th International Workshop on HIV and Aging. October 20-21, 2014, Baltimore.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy