On April 26, 2016, the following updates were made to the Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Pediatric HIV Infection (released March 1, 2016):
- Emtricitabine, rilpivirine, tenofovir alafenamide, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate were updated to include two newly released drugs and one updated formulation:
- Odefsey: Recommendations and dosing for Odefsey were added to the Emtricitabine, Rilpivirine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide sections.
- Descovy: Recommendations and dosing for Descovy were added to the Emtricitabine and Tenofovir Alafenamide sections.
- Low-Strength Truvada: Dosing for low strength Truvada was added to the Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Emtricitabine sections.
- Table 7 and Table 8 in the What to Start section were revised to correct information for tenofovir alafenamide plus emtricitabine containing regimens and to update fixed-dose combination availability with information for the newly released Odefsey and Descovy.