Denmark -- unexpected trends in use of psychotropic medicines -- TreatmentUpdate 204
Impressive gains in survival for older people with HIV but still less than general population -- CATIE News
Danish study raises questions about accelerated aging in HIV -- CATIE News
Quantification of biological aging in young adults -- Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA
Management of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection in Advanced Age -- Journal of the American Medical Association
Long-term HIV infection and health-related quality of life -- CATIE News
Dutch doctors explore intersection of aging and HIV -- CATIE News
Geriatric syndromes found to be common among some people with HIV -- CATIE News
HIV and Aging: State of Knowledge and Areas of Critical Need for Research. A Report to the NIH Office of AIDS Research by the HIV and Aging Working Group
The CIHR Comorbidity Agenda -- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
CIHR's HIV Comorbidity Research Agenda: Relevant Research Areas
HIV and Aging -- Healthy living tips for people 50 and over living with HIV
Mental Health -- HIV in Canada: A primer for service providers
HIV and brain-related issues -- TreatmentUpdate 204
Longer life expectancy for HIV-positive people in North America -- TreatmentUpdate 200
Factsheets on HIV and aging in Canada -- Canadian AIDS Society
HIV & Aging: A 2013 Environmental Scan of Programs and Services in Canada -- Community Report -- Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR)
Directory of Promising Programs and Services for Older People Living with HIV in Canada -- CWGHR
Evidence-informed recommendations for rehabilitation with older adults living with HIV: a knowledge synthesis -- CWGHR
- Foebel AD, Hirdes JP, Boodram C, et al. Comparing the care needs of people living with and without HIV in Canadian home and long-term care settings. Canada Communicable Disease Report. 2016;42:52-56.
- Rasmussen L, Obel D, Kronborg G, et al. Utilization of psychotropic drugs prescribed to persons with and without HIV infection: a Danish nationwide population-based cohort study. HIV Medicine. 2014 Sep;15(8):458-69.
- Legarth R, Ahlström MG, Kronborg G, et al. Long-term mortality in HIV-infected individuals 50 years or older: a nationwide, population-based cohort study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2016 Feb 1;71(2):213-8.
- Lohse N, Hansen AB, Pedersen G, et al. Survival of persons with and without HIV infection in Denmark, 1995-2005. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2007 Jan 16;146(2):87-95.
- Lohse N, Hansen AB, Gerstoft J, et al. Improved survival in HIV-infected persons: consequences and perspectives. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2007 Sep;60(3):461-3.
- May MT, Gompels M, Delpech V, et al. Impact on life expectancy of HIV-1 positive individuals of CD4+ cell count and viral load response to antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2014 May 15;28(8):1193-202.
- Samji H, Cescon A, Hogg RS, et al. Closing the Gap: Increases in life expectancy among treated HIV-positive individuals in the United States and Canada. PLoS One. 2013 Dec 18;8(12):e81355.
- Lewden C, Chene G, Morlat P, et al. HIV-infected adults with a CD4 cell count greater than 500 cells/mm3 on long-term combination antiretroviral therapy reach same mortality rates as the general population. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2007 Sep 1;46(1):72-7.