Studies Investigate Presence of Hepatitis C Virus Among Gay and Bisexual Men
April 3, 2014
- Thursz M, Fontanet A. HCV transmission in industrialized countries and resource-constrained areas. Nature reviews. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2014 Jan;11(1):28-35.
- Bradshaw D, Matthews G, Danta M. Sexually transmitted hepatitis C infection: the new epidemic in MSM? Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases. 2013 Feb;26(1):66-72.
- Ghosn J, Pierre-François S, Thibault V, et al. Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected men who have sex with men. HIV Medicine. 2004 Jul;5(4):303-6.
- Götz HM, van Doornum G, Niesters HG, et al. A cluster of acute hepatitis C virus infection among men who have sex with men -- results from contact tracing and public health implications. AIDS. 2005 Jun 10;19(9):969-74.
- Danta M, Brown D, Bhagani S, et al. Recent epidemic of acute hepatitis C virus in HIV-positive men who have sex with men linked to high-risk sexual behaviours. AIDS. 2007 May 11;21(8):983-91.
- van de Laar T, Pybus O, Bruisten S, et al. Evidence of a large, international network of HCV transmission in HIV-positive men who have sex with men. Gastroenterology. 2009 May;136(5):1609-17.
- Blaxhult A, Samuelson A, Ask R, et al. Limited spread of hepatitis C among HIV-negative men who have sex with men in Stockholm, Sweden. International Journal of AIDS and STD. 2014; in press.
- Schmidt AJ, Falcato L, Zahno B, et al. Prevalence of hepatitis C in a Swiss sample of men who have sex with men: whom to screen for HCV infection? BMC Public Health. 2014 Jan 6;14:3.
- Jin F, Prestage GP, Matthews G, Zablotska I, et al. Prevalence, incidence and risk factors for hepatitis C in homosexual men: data from two cohorts of HIV-negative and HIV-positive men in Sydney, Australia. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2010 Feb;86(1):25-8.
- Briat A, Dulioust E, Galimand J, et al. Hepatitis C virus in the semen of men coinfected with HIV-1: prevalence and origin. AIDS. 2005 Nov 4;19(16):1827-35.
- Sherman KE, Shire NJ, Rouster SD, et al. Viral kinetics in hepatitis C or hepatitis C/human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients. Gastroenterology. 2005 Feb;128(2):313-27.
- Marcus U, Schmidt AJ, Hamouda O. HIV serosorting among HIV-positive men who have sex with men is associated with increased self-reported incidence of bacterial sexually transmissible infections. Sex Health. 2011 Jun;8(2):184-93.
- Jin F, Prestage GP, Templeton DJ, et al. The impact of HIV seroadaptive behaviors on sexually transmissible infections in HIV-negative homosexual men in Sydney, Australia. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2012 Mar;39(3):191-4.
- Witt MD, Seaberg EC, Darilay A, et al. Incident hepatitis C virus infection in men who have sex with men: a prospective cohort analysis, 1984-2011. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2013 Jul;57(1):77-84.
- Ndimbie OK, Kingsley LA, Nedjar S, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection in a male homosexual cohort: risk factor analysis. Genitourinary Medicine. 1996 Jun;72(3):213-6.
- Osmond DH, Charlebois E, Sheppard HW, et al. Comparison of risk factors for hepatitis C and hepatitis B virus infection in homosexual men. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1993 Jan;167(1):66-71.
- Matser A, Vanhommerig J, Schim van der Loeff MF, et al. HIV-infected men who have sex with men who identify themselves as belonging to subcultures are at increased risk for hepatitis C infection. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e57740.
- Kirby T, Thornber-Dunwell M. New HIV diagnoses in London's gay men continue to soar. Lancet. 2013 Jul 27;382(9889):295.
- Kirby T. Record highs of sexually transmitted infections in UK's MSM. Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2014 Jan;14(1):16-7.
- Nishijima T, Shimbo T, Komatsu H, et al. Incidence and risk factors for incident hepatitis C infection among men who have sex with men with HIV-1 infection in a large urban HIV clinic in Tokyo. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2014 Feb 1;65(2):213-7.
- Urbanus AT, Van De Laar TJW, Geskus R, et al. Trends in hepatitis C virus infections among MSM attending a sexually transmitted infection clinic: 1995-2010. AIDS. 2014;28:781-790.
- Fenton KA, Imrie J. Increasing rates of sexually transmitted diseases in homosexual men in Western Europe and the United States: why? Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 2005 Jun;19(2):311-31.
- Kropp RY, Wong T; Canadian LGV Working Group. Emergence of lymphogranuloma venereum in Canada. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2005 Jun 21;172(13):1674-6.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy