Who's Prepared to Make PrEP Work?
- US Food and Drug Administration. Truvada prescribing information. 2012.
- Grant RM, Lama JR, Anderson PL, et al. Preexposure chemoprophylaxis for HIV prevention in men who have sex with men. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:2587-2599.
- Baeten JM, Donnell D, Ndase P, et al. Antiretroviral prophylaxis for HIV prevention in heterosexual men and women. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:399-410.
- Thigpen MC, Kebaabetswe PM, Paxton LA, et al. Antiretroviral preexposure prophylaxis for heterosexual HIV transmission in Botswana. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:423-434.
- Van Damme L, Corneli A, Ahmed K, et al. Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV infection among African women. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:411-422.
- Prejean J, Song R, Hernandez A, et al. Estimated HIV incidence in the United States, 2006-2009. PLoS One. 2011;6:e17502.
- Microbicide Trials Network. MTN statement on decision to discontinue use of oral tenofovir tablets in VOICE, a major HIV prevention study in women. September 28, 2011.
- Wood LV. Why I voted "no" to Truvada PrEP. Ann Intern Med. 2012;157:519-520.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim guidance: preexposure prophylaxis for the prevention of HIV infection in men who have sex with men. MMWR. 2011;60:65-68.
- Branson BM, Handsfield HH, Lampe MA, et al. Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006;55:1-17.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim guidance for clinicians considering the use of preexposure prophylaxis for the prevention of HIV infection in heterosexually active adults. MMWR. 2012;61:586-589.
- American Psychological Association. Answers to your questions about transgender people, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Herbst JH, Jacobs ED, Finlayson TJ, et al. Estimating HIV prevalence and risk behaviors of transgender persons in the United States: a systematic review. AIDS Behav. 2008;12:1-17.
- Grant R, McMahan V, Liu A, et al. Completed observation of the randomized placebo-controlled phase of iPrEx: daily oral FTC/TDF pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis among men and trans women who have sex with men. 6th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment. July 17-20, 2011. Rome. Abstract WELBC04.
- Martin M, Vanichseni S, Suntharasamai P, et al. Enrollment characteristics and risk behaviors of injection drug users participating in the Bangkok Tenofovir Study, Thailand. PLoS One. 2011;6:e25127.
- Khawcharoenporn T, Kendrick S, Smith K. HIV risk perception and preexposure prophylaxis interest among a heterosexual population visiting a sexually transmitted infection clinic. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2012;26:222-233.
- Whiteside YO, Harris T, Scanlon C, Clarkson S, Duffus W. Self-perceived risk of HIV infection and attitudes about preexposure prophylaxis among sexually transmitted disease clinic attendees in South Carolina. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2011;25:365-370.
- Mimiaga MJ, Case P, Johnson CV, Safren SA, Mayer KH. Preexposure antiretroviral prophylaxis attitudes in high-risk Boston area men who report having sex with men: limited knowledge and experience but potential for increased utilization after education. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009;50:77-83.
- Brooks RA, Landovitz RJ, Kaplan RL, Lieber E, Lee SJ, Barkley TW. Sexual risk behaviors and acceptability of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among HIV-negative gay and bisexual men in serodiscordant relationships: a mixed methods study. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2012;26:87-94.
- Brooks RA, Kaplan RL, Lieber E, et al. Motivators, concerns, and barriers to adoption of preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention among gay and bisexual men in HIV-serodiscordant male relationships. AIDS Care. 2011;23:1136-1145.
- Sullivan P, Liu A, Fuchs J, et al. Awareness of and intention to use PrEP: a post-iPrEX survey of US MSM. National HIV Prevention Conference. August 2011. Atlanta.
- Krakower DS, Mimiaga MJ, Rosenberger JG, et al. Limited awareness and low immediate uptake of pre-exposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men using an internet social networking site. PLoS One. 2012;7:e33119.
- Feinberg J. Truvada PrEP: why I voted "yes." Ann Intern Med. 2012;157:521-522.
- US Food and Drug Administration. Briefing information for the May 10, 2012 meeting of the Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee.
- FDA Review Team for NDA 21-752/S-30. Background package for NDA 21-752/supplement 30. April 16, 2012.
- Steinbrook R. Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV infection. JAMA. 2012;308:865-866.
- Garcia-Lerma JG, Otten RA, Qari SH, et al. Prevention of rectal SHIV transmission in macaques by daily or intermittent prophylaxis with emtricitabine and tenofovir. PLoS Med. 2008;5:e28.
- Garcia-Lerma JG, Cong M, Mitchell J, et al. Intermittent prophylaxis with oral Truvada protects macaques from rectal SHIV infection. Sci Transl Med. 2010;14:14ra4.
- Anderson PL, Glidden DV, Liu AI, et al. Emtricitabine-tenofovir concentrations and pre-exposure prophylaxis efficacy in men who have sex with men. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4:151ra125.
- Volk JE, Liu A, Vittinghoff E, Irvin R, et al. Sexual frequency and planning among at-risk men who have sex with men in the United States: implications for event-based intermittent pre-exposure prophylaxis. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;61: 112-115.
- Mutua G, Sanders E, Mugo P, et al. Safety and adherence to intermittent pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV-1 in African men who have sex with men and female sex workers. PLoS One. 2012;7:e33103.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. The ADAPT study: use of emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- ClinicalTrials.gov. On demand antiretroviral pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV infection in men who have sex with men (IPERGAY).
- Krakower D, Mayer KH. What primary care providers need to know about preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention: a narrative review. Ann Intern Med. 2012;157:490-497.
- Dolling D, Phillips AN, Delpech V, et al. Evaluating the extent of potential resistance to pre-exposure prophylaxis within the UK HIV-1-infectious population of men who have sex with men. HIV Med. 2012:13:309-314.
- Miller MD, Haddad M, Su C, Gibbs C, McColl DJ, Guyer B. Trends in HIV-1 reverse transcriptase resistance-associated mutations and antiretroviral prescription data from 2003-2010. Antivir Ther. 2012;17:993-999.
- Poon AF, Aldous JL, Mathews WC, et al. Transmitted drug resistance in the CFAR network of integrated clinical systems cohort: prevalence and effects on pre-therapy CD4 and viral load. PLoS One. 2011;6:e21189.
- Vercauteren J, Wensing AM, van de Vijver DA, et al. Transmission of drug-resistant HIV-1 is stabilizing in Europe. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1503-1508.
- Abbas UL, Hood G, Wetzel AW, Mellors JW. Factors influencing the emergence and spread of HIV drug resistance arising from rollout of antiretroviral pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). PLoS One. 2011;6:e18165.
- Grant RM. iPrEx review. FDA Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee meeting. Silver Spring, Maryland. May 10, 2012.
- Baeten J. Partners PrEP review. FDA Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee meeting. Silver Spring, Maryland. May 10, 2012.
- Koblin BA, Mansergh G, Frye V, et al. Condom use decision making in the context of hypothetical preexposure prophylaxis efficacy among substance-using men who have sex with men: Project MIX. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011;58:319-327.
- Irvin R, Liu A, Kroboth L, et al. Risk compensation and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): a post-iPrEx survey of US men who have sex with men (MSM). 6th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment. July 17-20, 2011. Rome Abstract TUAC0104.
- Abdool Karim SS, Abdool Karim Q. Antiretroviral prophylaxis for HIV prevention reaches a key milestone. Lancet. 2012;379:2047-2048.
- Kelesidis T, Landovitz RJ. Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2011;8:94-103.
- Desai K, Sansom SL, Ackers ML, et al. Modeling the impact of HIV chemoprophylaxis strategies among men who have sex with men in the United States: HIV infections prevented and cost-effectiveness. AIDS. 2008;22:1829-1839.
- Paltiel AD, Freedberg KA, Scott CA, et al. HIV preexposure prophylaxis in the United States: impact on lifetime infection risk, clinical outcomes, and cost-effectiveness. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;48:806-815.
- Juusola JL, Brandeau ML, Owens DK, Bendavid E. The cost-effectiveness of preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention in the United States in men who have sex with men. Ann Intern Med. 2012;156:541-550.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Evaluating the safety and tolerability of antiretroviral drug regimens used as pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent HIV infection in men who have sex with men.
- Jackson A, Else L, Tjia J, et al. Rilpivirine-LA formulation: pharmacokinetics in plasma, genital tract in HIV- females and rectum in males. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. March 5-8, 2012. Seattle.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Study in healthy volunteers of the safety and metabolism of different doses of the anti-HIV drug TM C278LA.
- Else L, Jackson A, Tjia J, et al. Pharmacokinetics of long-acting rilpivirine in plasma, genital tract and rectum of HIV-negative females and males administered a single 600 mg dose. 13th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy, April 16-18, 2012, Barcelona. Abstract O_12.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Pre-exposure prophylaxis using TMC278LA.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Safety and efficacy trial of a dapivirine vaginal matrix ring in healthy HIV-negative women.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Safety and pharmacokinetics of dapivirine/maraviroc vaginal ring.
- Nel A, Kamupira M, Woodsong C, Montgomery E, Nuttal J. Safety, acceptability, and adherence of monthly dapivirine vaginal microbicide rings for HIV prevention. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. March 5-8, 2012. Seattle.
- International Partnership for Microbicides. Phase III sister studies of a microbicide ring to prevent HIV: the Ring Study and ASPIRE.
- Willis RA, Malone AM, Moss JA, et al. Sustained-release saquinavir from an intravaginal ring in sheep. XIX International AIDS Conference. July 22-27, 2012. Washington, DC. Abstract WEPDC0102.
- Smith TJ. Sustained release tenofovir and maraviroc from intravaginal ring in sheep. XIX International AIDS Conference. July 22-27, 2012. Washington, DC. Abstract WEPDC0101.
- Malone A, Moss J, Willis R, et al. Sustained release raltegravir from an intravaginal ring in sheep. XIX International AIDS Conference. July 22-27, 2012. Washington, DC. Abstract WEPDC0104.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy