TreatmentUpdate -- HTPN 052: The trial that changed everything
Prevention in Focus -- Detecting HIV earlier: Advances in HIV testing
Prevention in Focus -- Recently infected individuals: A priority for HIV prevention
Prevention in Focus -- The STOP HIV/AIDS Project: Treatment as prevention in the real world
- Nakagawa F, Lodwick RK, Smith CJ et al. Projected life expectancy of people with HIV according to timing of diagnosis. AIDS. 2012 Jan;26(3):335-43.
- Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M et al. Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy. New England Journal of Medicine. 2011 Aug 11;365(6):493-505.
- Hull MW, Wu Z, Montaner JSG. Optimizing the engagement of care cascade. Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS. 2012 Nov;7(6):579-86.
- Gardner EM, McLees MP, Steiner JF et al. The spectrum of engagement in HIV care and its relevance to test-and-treat strategies for prevention of HIV infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2011 Mar 1;52(6):793-800.
- Vital signs: HIV prevention through care and treatment--United States. MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly. Rep. 2011 Dec 2;60(47):1618-23.
- Adam BD. Epistemic fault lines in biomedical and social approaches to HIV prevention. Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2011;14(Suppl 2):S2.
- Government of Canada Public Health Agency of Canada. HIV/AIDS Epi Updates -- July 2010. [Internet]. Available from: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/aids-sida/publication/epi/2010/2-eng.php
- Althoff KN, Gange SJ, Klein MB et al. Late presentation for human immunodeficiency virus care in the United States and Canada. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2010 Jun;50(11):1512-20.
- Li X, Margolick JB, Jamieson BD, Rinaldo CR et al. CD4+ T-cell counts and plasma HIV-1 RNA levels beyond 5 years of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2011 Aug 15;57(5):421-8.
- Siegfried N, Uthman OA, Rutherford GW. Optimal time for initiation of antiretroviral therapy in asymptomatic, HIV-infected, treatment-naive adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2010 Mar 17;(3):CD008272.
- Marks G, Crepaz N, Senterfitt JW, Janssen RS. Meta-analysis of high-risk sexual behavior in persons aware and unaware they are infected with HIV in the United States: implications for HIV prevention programs. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2005 Aug 1;39(4):446-53.
- Miller WC, Rosenberg NE, Rutstein SE, Powers KA. Role of acute and early HIV infection in the sexual transmission of HIV. Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS. 2010 Jul;5(4):277-82.
- Giordano TP, Gifford AL, White AC et al. Retention in care: a challenge to survival with HIV infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2007 Jun 1;44(11):1493-9.
- Metsch LR, Pereyra M, Messinger S et al. HIV transmission risk behaviors among HIV-infected persons who are successfully linked to care. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2008 Aug 15;47(4):577-84.
James Wilton is the coordinator of the Biomedical Science of HIV Prevention Project at CATIE. James is currently completing his master's degree of Public Health in Epidemiology at the University of Toronto and has completed an undergraduate degree in microbiology and immunology at the University of British Columbia.
Logan Broeckaert holds a Master's degree in History and is currently a researcher/writer at CATIE. Before joining CATIE, Logan worked on provincial and national research and knowledge exchange projects for the Canadian AIDS Society and the Ontario Public Health Association.
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy