Unravelling the Complexity of HIV and Fatigue
October 23, 2012
- Payne B, Hateley C, Ong E, et al. HIV-associated fatigue in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: novel biological mechanisms? HIV Medicine. 2012; in press.
- Kaslow RA, Phair JP, Friedman HB, et al. Infection with the human immunodeficiency virus: clinical manifestations and their relationship to immune deficiency. A report from the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. Annals of Internal Medicine. 1987 Oct;107(4):474-80.
- Darko DF, McCutchan JA, Kripke DF, et al. Fatigue, sleep disturbance, disability, and indices of progression of HIV infection. American Journal of Psychiatry. 1992 Apr;149(4):514-20.
- Hollingsworth KG, Newton JL, Taylor R, et al. Pilot study of peripheral muscle function in primary biliary cirrhosis: potential implications for fatigue pathogenesis. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2008 Sep;6(9):1041-8.
- Robinson-Papp J, Simpson DM. Neuromuscular diseases associated with HIV-1 infection. Muscle and Nerve. 2009 Dec;40(6):1043-53.
- Jong E, Oudhoff LA, Epskamp C, et al. Predictors and treatment strategies of HIV-related fatigue in the combined antiretroviral therapy era. AIDS. 2010 Jun 19;24(10):1387-405.
- Niepel G, Bibani RH, Vilisaar J, et al. Association of a deficit of arousal with fatigue in multiple sclerosis: Effect of modafinil. Neuropharmacology. 2013 Jan;64(1):380-8.
- Al-Harthy N, Kumagi T, Coltescu C, et al. The specificity of fatigue in primary biliary cirrhosis: evaluation of a large clinic practice. Hepatology. 2010 Aug;52(2):562-70.
- Abbas G, Jorgensen RA, Lindor KD. Fatigue in primary biliary cirrhosis. Nature Reviews. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2010 Jun;7(6):313-9.
- Jones DE, Hollingsworth KG, Taylor R, et al. Abnormalities in pH handling by peripheral muscle and potential regulation by the autonomic nervous system in chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal of Internal Medicine. 2010 Apr;267(4):394-401.
- Kanjwal K, Karabin B, Kanjwal Y, et al. Autonomic dysfunction presenting as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in patients with multiple sclerosis. International Journal of Medical Sciences. 2010 Mar 11;7:62-7.
- Kanjwal K, Karabin B, Kanjwal Y, et al. Autonomic dysfunction presenting as orthostatic intolerance in patients suffering from mitochondrial cytopathy. Clinical Cardiology. 2010 Oct;33(10):626-9.
- Hollingsworth KG, Newton JL, Robinson L, et al. Loss of capacity to recover from acidosis in repeat exercise is strongly associated with fatigue in primary biliary cirrhosis. Journal of Hepatology. 2010 Jul;53(1):155-61.
- Jones DE, Sutcliffe K, Pairman J, et al. An integrated care pathway improves quality of life in Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. Quarterly Journal of Medicine. 2008 Jul;101(7):535-43.
- Rabkin JG, McElhiney MC, Rabkin R. Modafinil and armodafinil treatment for fatigue for HIV-positive patients with and without chronic hepatitis C. International Journal of STD and AIDS. 2011 Feb;22(2):95-101.
- Rabkin JG, McElhiney MC, Rabkin R. Treatment of HIV-related fatigue with armodafinil: a placebo-controlled randomized trial. Psychosomatics. 2011 Jul-Aug;52(4):328-36.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy