NIAID has issued a new request for applications (RFA) to establish clinical trials units (CTUs) for its clinical research networks. The new funding announcement is being issued in connection with NIAID's efforts to revamp and expand its HIV/AIDS clinical research networks. The purpose of the RFA is to solicit applications for CTUs for NIAID clinical research networks focused on the following six research areas:
- Adult HIV therapeutic strategies, including HIV cure, noninfectious comorbidities, and the infectious comorbidities of hepatitis and tuberculosis
- Strategies to address HIV and HIV-associated infections in pediatric and maternal populations
- Integrated HIV prevention strategies
- Microbicide strategies to prevent HIV infections
- Vaccines to prevent HIV infections
- Strategies to address antibacterial resistance
Applications will be accepted until January 29, 2013. For more information, visit the Restructuring the NIAID Clinical Trials Networks webpage.