- CDC. Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2016. HIV Surveillance Report 2017;28. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data -- United States and 6 dependent areas, 2015. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2017;22(2). Accessed January 16, 2018.
- CDC. HIV infection, risk, prevention, and testing behaviors among heterosexuals at increased risk of HIV infection -- national HIV behavioral surveillance, 20 U.S. cities, 2013. HIV Surveillance Special Report 13. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- CDC. Selected national HIV prevention and care outcomes (slides). Accessed January 16, 2018.
- CDC. CDC Wonder: Compressed mortality file, 1979-1998. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- CDC. CDC Wonder: Compressed mortality file, 1999-2016. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Bauer HM, Gibson P, Hernandez M, Kent C, Klausner J, Bolan G. Intimate partner violence and high-risk sexual behaviors among female patients with sexually transmitted diseases. Sex Transm Dis 2002;29(7):411-6. PubMed abstract.
- Cavanaugh CE, Hansen NB, Sullivan TP. HIV sexual risk behavior among low-income women experiencing intimate partner violence: The role of posttraumatic stress disorder. AIDS Behav 2010;14(2):318-27. PubMed abstract.
- CDC. 2016 sexually transmitted diseases surveillance. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- Crosby RA, DiClemente RJ, Wingood GM, et al. Sexual agency versus relational factors: A study of condom use antecedents among high-risk young African American women. Sex Health 2008;5(1):41-7. PubMed abstract.
- Coker AL. Does physical intimate partner violence affect sexual health? A systematic review. Trauma Violence Abuse 2007;8(2):149-77. PubMed abstract.
- Dinenno EA, Oster AM, Sionean C, Denning P, Lansky A. Piloting a system for behavioral surveillance among heterosexuals at increased risk of HIV in the United States. Open AIDS J 2012;6:169-76. PubMed abstract.
- Herbenick D, Reece M, Schick V, Sanders SA, Dodge B, Fortenberry JD. Sexual behavior in the United States: Results from a national probability sample of men and women ages 14-94. J Sex Med 2010;7 Suppl 5:255-65. PubMed abstract.
- Moreno CL. The relationship between culture, gender, structural factors, abuse, trauma, and HIV/AIDS for Latinas. Qual Health Res 2007;17(3):340-54. PubMed abstract.
- Mosack KE, Randolph ME, Dickson-Gomez J, Abbott M, Smith E, Weeks MR. Sexual risk-taking among high-risk urban women with and without histories of childhood sexual abuse: Mediating effects of contextual factors. J Child Sex Abus 2010;19(1):43-61. PubMed abstract.
- Simoni JM, Sehgal S, Walters KL. Triangle of risk: Urban American Indian women's sexual trauma, injection drug use, and HIV sexual risk behaviors. AIDS Behav 2004;8(1):33-45. PubMed abstract.
- Tross S, Hanner J, Hu MC, Pavlicova M, Campbell A, Nunes EV. Substance use and high risk sexual behaviors among women in psychosocial outpatient and methadone maintenance treatment programs. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2009;35(5):368-74. PubMed abstract.
HIV Among Pregnant Women, Infants, and Children in the United States
New HIV Infections in the United States
All Fact Sheets
[Note from TheBody: This article was created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevetion, who last updated it on March 9, 2018. We have cross-posted it with their permission.]